Aspiring information security professionals have the opportunity to ease some of their educational financial burden with the (ISC)² Information Security Undergraduate Scholarship, offering undergraduate students studying information security up to US$5,000 per recipient.
Applications Will Open On February 1, 2018
Applications will close at 11:59 PM on March 15, 2018
All applicants will be notified of the results the last week of April 2018.
Please email any questions to Scholarships at: email@example.com
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.
- You may be a senior in high school, an undergraduate student who is currently a junior, freshman or sophomore. If you are in your senior year, please apply for the (ISC)² Graduate Scholarship if appropriate. (add hyperlink to Graduate page)
- GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required)
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
What You Will Need
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than three pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)² and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
- Financial Need
NOTE: Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarships are a one-time award and must be re-applied for each year in order to be considered for another scholarship. No scholarship awards will be paid until July 2018.