Raytheon CCDC Women's Cyber Security Scholarship Program
RAYTHEON CCDC WOMEN’S CYBER SECURITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The application period for the Raytheon CCDC Women’s Cyber Security Scholarship will open on October 15, 2018 and close on February 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
Award/No Award notifications will be emailed mid-April
Awards will be sent to schools in July 2019
The Raytheon CCDC Women’s Cyber Security Scholarship is the latest of the company’s efforts aimed at developing global cyber talent.
Raytheon’s CCDC Women’s Cyber Security Scholarship Awards
- Up to two scholarships will be awarded to two women participating in the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition
Raytheon’s CCDC Women’s Cyber Security Scholarship Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be pursuing, or intending to pursue, a degree with a cybersecurity or information security focus.
- Eligible applicants must have: Participated in at least one National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition (any qualifier or regional) between 2016 and March 25, 2019.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.30
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
Recipients of the Raytheon CCDC Women’s Cyber Security Scholarship will receive
- $10,000 scholarship each to be applied to tuition, fees and books only.
- One (ISC)² exam voucher (for the (ISC)² certification test of your choice), hard copy textbook, digital textbook, practice exams (if available), five-day seminar (travel & lodging expenses not included) or Live Online seminar and first year membership fees paid upon passing the exam and becoming endorsed. Exam Voucher and education package may be claimed upon graduation and will be good for one year from date of issue.
- Internship opportunities are on a case by case basis and are dependent upon available openings with Raytheon. Travel expenses and lodging are not provided if a scholarship recipient is offered an internship.
What You Will Need
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If you are awarded; no awards will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- Note: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)² and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
- Financial Need
Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Raytheon CCDC Women’s Scholarships are a one-time award and do not renew.
No awards will be paid prior to July 2019
All scholarships are administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com or call 727-493-3587