Raytheon’s Women Cyber Security Scholarship ProgramIn conjunction with the (ISC)² Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program
BOTH CENTER WOMEN’S AND RAYTHEON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications close at 11:59 PM ET on March 9, 2017
The Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship is the latest of the company’s efforts aimed at developing global cyber talent. For the past three years, Raytheon has pioneered its global cyber-career research with the National Cyber Security Alliance, highlighting opportunities and perspectives from people around the world about undertaking careers in cybersecurity.
Raytheon’s Women Cyber Security Scholarship Awards
- Up to three scholarships will be awarded to high school or first year undergraduate students.
- Up to three scholarships will be awarded to mid-career professionals, wishing to change their career path, and enter a field with a focus on cybersecurity/information assurance. Graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Raytheon’s Women Cyber Security Scholarship Requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be pursuing, or intending to pursue, a degree with a cybersecurity or information security focus.
- Eligible applicants must be one of the following:
- A high school senior
- A first year undergraduate student
- Mid-career professionals pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Mid-career professionals may be in their freshmen, sophomore or Junior year.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.20
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the award will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
Recipients of the Raytheon’s Women Cyber Security Scholarship will receive
- $8,000 scholarship each to be applied to tuition, fees and books only.
- One (ISC)² exam voucher (for the test of your choice), hard copy textbook, digital textbook, practice exams (if available), five-day seminar (travel expenses not included) or Live Online seminar and first year membership fees paid upon passing the exam and becoming endorsed. Exam Voucher and education package may be claimed upon graduation and will be good for one year from date of issue.
- Internship opportunities are on a case by case basis and are dependent upon available openings with Raytheon. Travel expenses and lodging are not provided if a scholarship recipient is offered an internship.
What You Will Need
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If you are awarded; no awards will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- Note: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than two pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)² and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
- Financial Need
NOTE: Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Raytheon scholarships are a one-time award.
All scholarships are administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727-493-3587
Applicants who do not receive the Raytheon’s Women Cyber Security Scholarship will be eligible to be considered for the (ISC)² Foundation Women’s Scholarship.
Not all applicants will be awarded a Raytheon or Women’s Scholarship. Those not selected may be referred to the (ISC)² Foundation’s Graduate or Undergraduate panel for consideration of award in those categories.